Wednesday, January 30, 2013

knitting needles

Are you a fan of knitting? I had a brief encounter with the finger-ific craft in high school. While I was taking Spanish Conversations our teacher instructed the class to buy knitting supplies because working on a knitting project would "help our language skills". I was completely unconvinced that could be possible, but her reasoning proved truthful! We would spend a portion of class each week working on our knitting projects while speaking in Spanish with the rest of our class. Even though it was often just petty chatter, it provided us with much needed practice on how to be more comfortable with the language. We focused our attention on our knitting needles and it enabled us to naturally improve our language and comprehension skills over time. Not only did I feel more confident in Spanish, I learned to enjoy knitting. 

I haven't picked up my knitting needles in a long time...but I think these pictures will get me in the mood again!







Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about taking on knitting as a new hobby, these pictures are making me want to do it even more! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. my girlfriend and i were just talking about taking a knitting class! i'd love to made my own hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, you're a girl after my own heart! I love to knit, and I was a Spanish major in college, but I never considered knitting as a time to practice speaking. Admittedly, I've gotten a little rusty since graduation a few year ago, and something like this sounds like just the inspiration I need!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...